Saturday, August 14, 2010

My first Blog post - you can feel the excitement in the air.

Ok - so I cannot be outdone by my friend Kelly. I trust her wisdom and gosh darn it if she is going to start a blog I am going to start a blog. I am fine being a follower. I don't need to lead the parade every time. This shall be my little blog where I can post all the randomness my brain comes up with, the trials of my life that probably aren't all that bad, and the other crazy things I do. As a fair warning that could be pretty much anything that occurs and at time may involved my goofy golden retriever. However, in an attempt to keep at least one follower (Kelly this is your cue - find the follow button and click on it now - continue reading after) I will try and keep my blog filled with frolic and frivolity in the non-stop, action packed adventure of my life. Trust me for a kid from Mustang, OK it gets pretty wild sometimes.

My first blog post comes from the wild and reckless town of Clinton, MO. Clinton - how to describe Clinton. Well they have electrical power now, this explains all the oil lamps in the garbage I have seen. They have electronic stop signals. I bet that caused some stir at the old town hall meeting. You know I even saw a few actual stores in town that sold those new fangled contraptions called TV's. (trust me it will never replaced the radio)

Ok now to be fair to the home of my mother - she grew up in deepwater, MO - that is about 10 mins from Clinton. Clinton is a nice little Midwestern republican red city red state town. They have a few places to eat, a couple of groceries stores, a town hall, a town square with mom and pop stores that are a throwback to the 50's and 60's, a six screen movie theatre, and a Wal-Mart super center. All 9,300 people (as of the 2000 census) here think alike. I swear they do and I am not making this up. Think typical Midwestern small town conservative republican. (if you are still breathing and have not fainted out of shear terror - continue)  Obama is not well liked in these parts, no really not the most popular president of 1600 Pennsylvania ave. Let's not even go near gay marriage (if the light is red don't run it) and in fact in talking about gays and lesbians at all in Clinton lets follow the advice given in Finding Nemo - Swim away, swim away. In honesty Clinton is not that bad of a town - just different.

You know how the old saying goes - you learn something new everyday.

Lesson Learned 8/13/10 - Political Discussions with family in the Midwest is an ugly business.

No comments:

Post a Comment